Hole C0019C Well Logging, Expedition 343
MWD/LWD (TeleScope, arcVISION and geoVISION) Realtime data of Run1 (8-1/2" hole) for Hole C0019C
The well log is a record of one or more physical measurements as a function of depth in a borehole (From “Encyclopedic Dictionary of Applied Geophysics”). To measure the various values at once, one or more sondes comprise a tool string. Formation evaluation, lithological classification, and other geological interpretations are carried out from the logging curves or crossplots.
CDEX Well Logging Service Catalog
Digital Log Data and Graphics Format
- DLIS(Digital Log Information Standard) is one of most popular formats. DLIS is binary format and keeps acquisition and processing information in it. Most of logging service third parties provide data as DLIS files.
- LAS(Log ASCII Standard) is ASCII format composed of header and numerical data. Not only logging software but also any text editor or MS-Excel allow you to view and edit it. There are ver.2 and 3 (Data loader of Epos 3 by Paradigm accepts only ver.2 as is Jan/2009). Note that some acquisition and processing information are lost, when DLIS is converted to LAS.
- LIS(Log Information Standard) is one of most popular formats.(DLIS is more popular than LIS today)
- PDS is Schlumberger's graphic format. Schlumbeger's digital log field print and GeoFrame output are provided as PDS files. PDS has advantage of small file size and high resolution, but requires special software such as GeoFrame or BlueView to view and handle PDS files.
Free software Utilitys - They are not support by CDEX. -
- DataView : Display conventional logging curves (DLIS, LAS and CSV) on the screen.
- BlueView : Display PDS file, annotates, edits, splices and prints log images. Convert PDS to Tiff. How to convert PDS to Tiff image with BlueView
- Log Data Toolbox Inspect : DLIS, LIS, LAS, ASCII log data. Convert DLIS to ASCII, DLIS to LIS and LIS to DLIS. Compose Log Data. How to convert DLIS to LAS
- PDSView : Oilfield graphic data files displays, annotates, prints and converts Schlumberger PDS files on a Windows system.
- WellEye : 3D borehole data viewer lets you visualize and analyze high-resolution images from wireline and LWD imaging tools.
- Schulumberger Free Software Utilities
See also data in the database for the same hole to refer related information.
|Type||File (length in bytes)||Remark|